Get Chi Training, the official White Mountain Milers' Half Marathon & 5K training program, and learn the Chi Running technique to complete the Half or 5K, pain and injury-free. This year, training runs will be led by our Race Director, Vince Vaccaro. Vince is a Certified Master ChiRunning/ChiWalking Instructor.
Half Marathon Community TrainingMilers' Half Marathon Training - This 16-week training program includes essential in-person support from Vince at technique clinics, long runs and hill/track workouts. All running levels and abilities welcome. $95
5K Community TrainingMilers' 5K Training - This 8-week training program includes essential in-person support from Vince at technique clinics, long runs and hill/track workouts. All running levels and abilities welcome. $45
COMMUNITY TRAINING PROGRAM PERKS INCLUDE:
- Complete training plan to get you to the start and finish line for the half marathon or 5K.
- An official ‘In Training’ tee
- Friends to run with all summer and fall.
- Discounted race entry for the Half marathon & 5K.
- A Techniques Class: One for the half marathoners and one for the 5K participants, at the beginning of each of the respective training periods, held at Kingswood H.S. Track
- Long Training Runs: All long runs will take place on terrain and surfaces of the Half Marathon and 5K. Runs will include some specific technique instruction for the course. See Training Program Schedule below.
- General weekday Group Runs (optional): With Vince for all levels and abilities of runners. Locations, times, and distances are given when you register for the training program.
- Digital version of our training program.
- Info session about the training program on June 28th, 2017. Come learn more about it there and then, or go ahead and sign up online and then come out to the run and meet others. We will be meeting for 6pm at our sponsor Sea Dog Brewing Co, 1976 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, NH 03860.
Training Programs ScheduleTRAINING KICK OFF Meeting – June 28th (6pm at our sponsor Sea Dog Brewing Co)
General Weekly Group Run Schedule: Half Marathon
- Begin the week of July 10th, 2017
- Begin the week of Sept. 4th, 2017
Participate in as few or as many of these group runs as you want!